Monday, June 1, 2015

Design Wall Monday 6 - 1 - 2015

It's official -- another month has started. (Ugh, does that sound like a giant cliche? Cause it does to me!)   Not much sewing was going on this past week.  I did make a giant effort yesterday to actually quilt and bind the Love Shack quilt.  And that is the ONLY quilting "thing" I completed in May.  Now, that isn't actually true since I did quilt a large queen size quilt, a baby quilt and a lap size quilt that I also bound.  But all of those were for customers which might explain why I didn't get all that much done on my own things.

Here's the finished Love Shack. One slight problem I noticed this morning.  The left side is a good 1/2" longer than the right side.  And, I suspect the top is wider at the top than the bottom but that could be the picture.  You can't really see the quilting but I stitched in the ditch around the inner border, around the houses, and on both sides of the four patches.  On the string pieced border I used a serpentine stitch and did a zig zag following the strings.  Overall it was pretty easy.  (And, honestly, this will be the last time I post this quilt!) 

I was so busy this month that the only thing I finished was Love Shack.  And that got done because I really wanted a finish this month!  I have several quilts waiting to be quilted and some day, if I stay home long enough, I'm going to have some impressive finishes.  I'm also just a border away from another queen size top that will be ready to quilt. 

2015
Fabric In Month
Fabric in Year
Fabric Out Month
Fabric Out Year
Total In or Out Year
May
.5
24.25
1.875
28.525
4.275


Some weeks I am pretty darn clever on my goals list, i.e., I don't generally come up with unrealistic goals.  This was one of those weeks.  (Yea me! I completed all of my goals.)  

Week of May 25, 2015
Finish something before June 1, anything!
Sew last 2 borders on Love Shack√
Make pillow covers√
Enjoy the beach√√√√! (Yeah, the weather was perfect, good friends joined us.  We had a wonderful time.) 
Read some books √√√

And, here's what's up for this week.  

Week of June 1, 2015
Make retreat giftie
Pack supplies for retreat
Continue working on Galaxy
Start working on Easy Street again
Work on black and white log cabin 
Enjoy retreat in Maryland 

I'm linking up with Monday Making  and Design Wall Monday.  

Happy Quilting All! 

9 comments:

  1. I really love the bright colors and design of Love Shack! It makes me smile.

    Have fun at the retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Love Shack. Love all the colors and string blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a fabulous love shack! Very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's just so cute! The name is perfect and the wonky houses are too. I am having a hard time evening up my latest quilt for binding so I know that story of a half inch longer! grrr.
    LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could accomplish some of your goals! Your quilt is too much fun!! Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Love Shack in bright clear colors will be a great addition to your beach house. I hope you'll be able to log a couple of finishes for June.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Shack is such a cute quilt. Hope you have a chance to do more this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.