Monday, January 19, 2015

Design Wall Monday -- January 19, 2015

Here's what's on my design quilt. (Oops, no design wall at the beach house so I pinned a piece of flannel to a quilt I've got hanging here.)  Then I pinned the blocks up as I got the sashing ready.  Yesterday late afternoon I got the sashing sewn to the blocks.  All the dogs still need their eyes and some need little additional stitching done.  There are three borders that need to be done.  One is gold and on the pattern there was some embroidered quotes about dogs.  I'm making each border 1" smaller than what is called for because of the size of quilt hanger at the beach house so I don't know if I will do the embroidery or not. 

Our house is available for rent and we allow pets.  So we thought my wild dogs would work on the wall.  If you want to rent a house in the Village of Nags Head, NC in the Outer Banks please take a look at it here.  

I was able to get some of my goals from last week done but not all of them. But most at least were moved farther along.  Here's last week's list. 


Week of January 12, 2015
Sew pinwheel blocks together for TAPS quilt
Cut and sew sashing for Wild Dog blocks
Finish small cross stitch, start next one didn’t even look at it.
Finish second turquoise sock I'm about 4" from finishing the second sock! 

Week of January 19, 2015
Sew borders on Wild Dog top
Sew first border on Mystery of Powhatan
Make backing for heart quilt and load it on Ruthie
Finish second turquoise sock

Here's the view from the windows of my sewing corner.  These are pelicans (well, I think they are, I never verified them with a bird book.) It was fun to see them swooping around and then just hanging out on the bridge. You may want to click on the picture to see it a bit larger. 


Want to see what is going on at other Design Wall Monday sites? Sneak over to Patchwork Times. 

We'll be heading home today and I'll probably finish the last bit on the sock as we travel.  I'm set to start red socks with wool that I bought at the sheep and wool festival. 

Happy Quilting All! 


7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Bonnie! This quilt is adorable and I'm not a dog person!! Their accessories are too funny! Looking forward to seeing this one finished. Enjoy the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute dog quilt! Love it - and am not a dog person either... Have fun at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too fun! Love those doggies. You made a lot of progress over the week.
    Have a safe drive home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is that! It gave this dog lover a good chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dogs are darling! Love the view from your window. Beach in winter = peaceful beauty. (And "pieceful" as well!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling quilt - each dog has a definite personality!

    Yes, I think those are Pelicans on the bridge. No doubt they are preparing to do some fishing. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like pelicans to me. How do you like it in Nags Head? My sister-in-law lives in Duck and we usually go once a year and visit. Your dog quilt is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.